Tuesday, February 15, 2011

CJC ~ Souvenir of Paris ~ fini !!! ~~

Here is my first Crazy January Challenge finish, "Souvenir of Paris" from the Joyeux Noel book by BBD.
Stitched on Lucky Penny by R&R Reproductions with GA's Blackboard 7051 for La Tour Eiffel and DMC 471, 3051, 816 & 3865 for the rest.
I absolutely love this cute little design and think I will make another one with a few modifications suitable to display year-round!   This one is supposed to be finished into a stocking....and....my sewing machine still doesn't like me very much....so I'm not sure what to do about that.  The design is so cute, I may send it out to be professionally done.  I've never sewn a stocking before and usually don't have much luck with curves.....straight lines are more my thing.  But we'll see.  For now it's just going in the to-be-finished-finished pile while I pick up another of my challenge pieces. 

Isabeau, my little repro Bleuette loves this piece of stitchery even more than I do....seems it reminds her of home and a little boating party....
I don't know if I'll get much stitching done tonight.  I have treated myself to "Unstoppable" which just came out on DVD today, and then "White Collar" is on at 10:00.  With all those handsome gentleman on the screen, I'm not sure I'll be able to give my stitching the proper attention!  But I'll try!  (Maybe!) Stay tuned...
UPDATE:  No "White Collar" tonight due to the Westminster Dog Show.  Good thing I love dogs!

3 comments:

  1. Cute finish! Congratulations on crossing off one of your challenge pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finish! Love the doll with dog too. The Westminster Show is so much fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you for your lovely BbD finish and the great idea of the photo of the doll, the dog and the Renoir.

    Très Joli!
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete