Friday, August 9, 2013

My Bleues



For a few years I have been obsessed with Bleuettes, the darling little French dolls that first appeared in 1905.   There are lots of vintage patterns to sew for Bleuette, making her really fun to own.  Even if you're like me and you struggle with your sewing skills, at least the dresses are small!!!  ;)   I belong to a few Bleuette Google groups and some of the members sell some fabulous outfits for Bleuette.  I bought the beautiful hanky dresses the girls are wearing below.

 I would love to own an antique Bleu doll someday, but for now I have a repro Bleuette named Isabeau and her sister, a Jne 9 repro named Maude.

I'm working on a "room" for "my girls" and recently completed a little redwork Becassine pillow.  


(Sorry, I didn't notice the faded blue from the washable ink I used until I saw it in the picture!  I'll have to give it another splash of water.  You should have seen me trying to figure out how to add the lace....I had to rip it out about three times!  Wish I paid more attention in Home Ec back in the day....)

Another obsession of mine is.....Pinterest!   I am totally addicted.  I am in awe of the utter creativity of some people.   I'm not that great of a cook, but I can bake and I love to decorate cakes and cookies, etc.  I'm all about the pretties.  I can't wait to try one of these beautiful designs:




source


Have a good day!

Sheri

~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sheri, my blogging friend!
    I see why You dolike these dolls -they are so pretty !

    I love everything vintage too this was an intresting post.
    What marvellous cake !!

    Blessings,from Finland
    Maija

    ReplyDelete